Old March 28th, 2009, 02:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Default Cruise Critic Censorship

D Ball wrote:
Hey, Jeff G and Erm, I would love to meet y'all, too--our day will
come! There are so many RTCers I look forward to meeting in the
future...including Dillon, who lives in my home town, and Jean, who is
just a hop, skip and a jump away (but never at home, always at sea!).

It is only by chance that I've been able to meet a few RTCers--Jeff C,
Howie & Eileen and the lovely Z's (who don't post here anymore) all
happened to take the same maiden voyage of the Serenade of the Seas
(still one of my absolute fav ships!) from Amsterdam to Boston one
summer. That was a really neat cruise, made all the more special by
having the opportunity to meet cyberfriends in real life! Jeff,
aren't you the keeper of the picture from our group lunch? I guess I
need to go dig for it. My photo archives are in embarrassingly bad
shape.

And then there was the (in)famous Liberty two-nighter compliments of
Royal Caribbean + a bunch of my dough to fly across the country to
meet some more of the RTC gang!

The "funnest" thing about meeting people "in real life" is how much
they are like their posting personas...and also how different they are
from their posting personas. Take Charles, for example. He is so
serious when he posts. And yet, when I cruised with him, he was an
absolutely wild and crazy maniac on the dance floor 'til all wee hours
of the morning, LOL.

Diana

I probably have some pictures somewhere on that! Was nice meeting the
folks and we even hung out with Howie and Eileen a little bit in
Amsterdam pre-cruise. That summer was such a transitional period in
life, who would have thought THAT cruise was the end of an era for me?
But more cruises were to come, thank goodness! Hmmmm, lemme go search
on for those pictures!

Jeff