Old March 10th, 2009, 02:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NWLB

Default Cruise Critic Censorship

On Mar 9, 6:32*pm, D Ball wrote:
NWLB,

What do you mean by this?

"The thing is, some of these people couldn't see to disclose their
status as most people are taught."

Just wondering. Royal Caribbean has never 'taught' or otherwise told
me to do anything.

Diana

Diana I was simply saying in my honors English classes of High School,
college, and ethics class during the graduate course work in business
I took, all touched on disclosing at various points. And as for RCI,
no, they have no obligation to tell you or me, or anybody anything.
Mostly common sense would tell somebody not to be so dumb as to post a
review on a cruise RCI provides you with, without also noting that the
cruise line did so.

So if people were out on CC blasting these uber-positive and glow
reviews, on cruises they were offered for free, I would say people
have reason to be unhappy.

To Peters point, they've been totally above board in my interactions
with "them." Them being RCI specifically, not the marketing firm that
did any original research. My being on Liberty wasn't an offer made
with any expectations in advance.

Charles notes a couple of things I'll agree with. CC has a heavy
hand, I know CM does as well, and I have insight from a couple of
their people about how things shifted after the buy-out a year ago.
The new owner is hyper sensitive to anything which could at all be
considered to take away from "value" to their advertising partners.
That is less the lines as it is the smaller fish. And yes, there are
"Diamond" members who are livid about the Royal Champions. The thrust
of the complaints I've had express tended to be that RCI was listening
to RC's more than the Diamond Plus members. Some of the views are more
enlightened than others, but a few views I've had passed my way sound
like debutantes kvetching over somebody having the same dress.

It is a big fuss over nothing.

As George notes, RTC isn't private, and