Old March 10th, 2009, 03:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Default Cruise Critic Censorship

So if people were out on CC blasting these uber-positive and glow
reviews, on cruises they were offered for free, I would say people
have reason to be unhappy.

NWLB, Thanks for explaining. I agree, but don't think it's an issue,
as from what I've observed, every person invited on the complimentary
LOTS pre-inaugural 2-nighter was quick to crow about the fact they'd
been invited as RCI's guest--it was just too exciting and novel not to
share! (Can't win for losing: disclosure breeds the jealousy
threads.)

Did RCI *promise* you anything for spreading the word?

Peter, no. The actual contact with RCI has been minimal. I received a
form email out of the blue inviting me to the Liberty sailing. It was
followed by snail mail paperwork and then the sailing itself. AFAIK,
there hasn't been another sailing offered to any "Royal Champions,"
although there was a land-based Oasis preview party invite (several
RTCers who live in/near Manhattan attended). The recent flurry of
discussion was prompted because Royal Champions received an email in
Feb. asking for updated contact information, which naturally caused
speculation/hope an Oasis pre-inaugural invite might be on the way.

Diana