Old March 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Cruise Critic Censorship

"-hh" wrote in message

This is suggesting that CC disclosed email addresses to RCI

From the CC Privacy Policy, URL he
http://www.cruisecritic.com/aboutus/index.cfm?ID=11

Quote:
We have adopted the following Principles of Privacy, which summarize
and clarify that commitment: how we safeguard your privacy and how we
treat personal information. We understand that for you to take full
advantage of our interactive medium, we must do everything we can to
ensure that your privacy is secure.

1. If we at any time ask for any personal information, we will not
give it out to anyone unless you tell us to do so or unless
specifically noted on contest entry forms that it will be shared with
a contest sponsor...

2. We do not give out to others information about where you personally
go on Cruise Critic.
5. We will keep you informed, clearly and prominently, about what we
do with any personal information you may supply to us, and we will
advise you if we change our policy.
This Privacy Policy is effective as of 11/12/2008.

For additional information regarding our Principles of Privacy, please
contact

It would appear that the $64K question would be for a 'Royal Champion'
to ask RCI specifically how they got their email address?

Of course, if one happens to use a unique email address for each
website registration, etc ... then you would know without having to
ask.

-hh

Here's an easier way.

You go on an RCI cruise. You do the pre-registration on line. You have an
e-mail address registered with. You register for the Cruise Critic party on
board.

Now.... They have your CC name from that CC registration, and your e-mail
address from their data... VOILA... connection made.

--Tom