Old May 15th, 2013, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default back from cruise

On Tue, 14 May 2013 15:14:01 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

14 days to Hawaii. Five days there and five days back. Four ports on four islands. I never been to Hawaii, so I was easily amused.
Rented a car twice and walked around twice. Went Muumuu shopping and just drove around. I bet we didn't spend more than $150 off shore.

The art auctions are a ripoff. The jewelry sales are not any kind of deal. And the spa is over priced.

I do like talking to the crew. There are some passengers worth talking to, but not many. I had my Kindle,
The cruise was less than $1,000 pp and I got to scratch off a state I've never been to (also did the Alaska cruise for the same reason).

Both cruises were fun. I like the good personal service that I usually don't get because I like doing things cheap.

For instance; The Alaska trip allowed me to buy presents for everyone-- diamonds and gold! The t-shirt shops had
"black diamond" necklaces for $1.00 and those little bottles of gold flake for $2.00. So everyone got precious metal and gems, for $3.00 each. Yay!

did you sail out of california? I was thinking about the alaskin
cruise actually. How long was that one? what is the cruise line and
what is the name of the ship? I would like to look it up. You said
they had a movie theater? did they play the new releases or was it
older movies and what was the fee to watch the movies? my cruise was
only 4 days and it was over 800 $ but I had a cabin to myself which
was actually very nice. it was an inside cabin, I think I would have
actually gotten sea sick watching the water from a cabin so I got the
inside cabin. Glad I did because being at the edges walking around
made me queasy,