Old April 16th, 2007, 09:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Odysseus

Default Paying in US dollars

I have been calling my different credit cards to check on this. One
VISA, a debit card and one Mastercard charges 1% my AmExp charges 2%
another VISA and one Mastercard charges 3%. Guess which ones I'm
going to take?

I asked about this and was told that they always charged a conversion
fee. It was just hidden in the rate of exchange. Now they charge the
actual market rate of exchange and list the conversion fee.

Some of my credit cards charge a fee for all transactions outside
of the United States even if they in US dollars. I think that's just
one of those made up, gouge and screw the customer, bank fees.