Old April 17th, 2007, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dave[_7_]

Default Paying in US dollars

On 14 Apr 2007 00:37:37 -0700, "speckled hen"
wrote:

Hi
I am due to go on the sea princess in June leaving Southampton, I have
just received some info on the cruise and I notice when the cruise
ends I will have to settle my account using US dollars, it also states
that if I use UK pounds I will be charged 3% as well as a commision
depending on the exchange rate.

When I went with P&O I just settled with my UK visa card.
I had thought about getting travellers cheques in US dollars and doing
it that way.

Does anyone know a way round these charges?

If you've printed out your e-ticket and boarding pass you'll see that
you have the option to pay your bill by credit card using your home
currency. If you don't choose this option by checking the block on
the form, Princess bills in US dollars and charges the conversion
rate.

I've also seen people post to make sure you verbally point this out
when you check in.

Dave
Sea Princess - May 12th - Southampton