Old February 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.railway,uk.politics.misc
Mizter T

Default Antwerp Central 4th most beautiful station

On 18 Feb, 15:29, Lord Truscott of Brownenvelope
wrote:
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redac...s_today/090206...

Antwerp Central 4th most beautiful station

Fri 06/02/09 12:33 - Antwerp Central is the 4th most beautiful train
station in the world, according to the American magazine Newsweek. St.
Pancras in London (UK) is the most beautiful, followed by Grand
Central Station in New York City (USA), and Chhatrapati Shivaji
station in Mumbai (India).

Uh-oh... I can hear the thunderous stampede of uk.railway denizens
(one in particular) heading this way chanting "beauty, beauty, what
about being user friendly" with regards to St. Pancras!

I like it, but then again I don't have to use the tacked on Midland
platforms regularly, nor do I have to walk from the Midland or
Thameslink platforms down to the Underground station every morning.