Old February 19th, 2009, 05:49 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

Default English speaking R.C. churches in Dresden, Germany

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Wiener Sänger" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 3:23 pm, Frank Hucklenbroich
wrote:
Am Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:35:28 -0800 (PST) schrieb Wiener Sänger:

Does anyone know of any English-speaking churches in Dresden,Germany ?
Mass on a Sunday would be most convenient.
Look
hehttp://www.englishlivingabroad.com/d...religion.shtml

Regards,

Frank

Thanks for this. St. Paul's in Dresden, only has English language
masses on the last Sunday of the month. I wrote to the priest, but he
has not responded. They mention that there are several other places
where there are R.C. masses in English, but I am unable to find them.

While in Barcelona, Spain, last November, we attended Mass at the chapel
in La Sacrada Familia.. The Mass was celebrated in Catalan, but we were
given sheets with the readings and the gospel written in English so that
we could follow along. If you are traveling near a US Military
Installation, you would be welcome to attend Mass there. The MP at the
gate would probably issue a temporary day entry pass for you when you
explained the reason for which you wanted to enter the base.

--Jean

What's wrong with mass in the language of the country you are visiting?
It's the same service, isn't it? I've attended Christmas masses in
Europe, twice - once in Brussels in a very large (and I think famous)
church, once in Vienna at the Schubertskirche. Although I am
Anglo-catholic (Episcopalian), not Roman, I had no problem following the
mass, even if I didn't understand every word.

Nothing at all...I can follow the Mass no matter what language it is in..I
just want to know what the reading and gospel is about... they change every
Sunday and since I did not understand Catalan, I appreciated that they were
kind enough to print the readings, responsorial and gospel in English.

--Jean