Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.railway,uk.politics.misc
Joe[_11_]

Default Ryanair to abolish check-in desks

Roland Perry wrote:
Easyjet seem to allow you to check in as soon as you book, but BMI-Baby
only 48hrs in advance (until recently it was just 24hrs). The latter is
extremely impractical if you are doing a return trip.

Is the purpose of checking in to actually check that you are present
though? How will this work with things like double booking which some
airlines seem to do?

Interestingly, when I saw the headline I assumed they were moving
towards the self-service machine model such as that in Terminal 5
(Heathrow).