Old June 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default Recommendations for car rental from Athens Airport

On 06/23/2011 07:38 PM, tim.... wrote:
"Tom wrote in message
On 06/19/2011 03:24 AM, Dan Stephenson wrote:
Hello, in the Fall I will travel to Greece, flying into Athens and
heading to the Pelopponese by car, for maybe 10 days.

There are several car rental places at the airport: Avis, Budget, Hertz,
National/Alamo and Sixt.

Can anyone recommend one more than the rest? I wouldn't be buying the
high-dollar collision damage waiver.

Thanks,

I can't speak for Athens, but what you might want to consider are
- does the company have an on-airport depot or do you have to wait for
the courtesy bus and even worse, find the depot again when you return the
car. Off-airport depots are a lot cheaper, but driving round at night in
the back streets of some industry park looking for the depot while the
time for your check-in ticks away is no fun.

Athens aiport is new build on a large green field site. All the facilities
are in the same place

tim

Sixt is at an off-airport location, if I read their website correctly.