Old May 21st, 2006, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default "Probe finds air marshals at risk"

wrote ...

Probe finds air marshals at risk
A two-year investigation found that Federal Air Marshal Service
policies undermine marshals' anonymity, and it indicates terror groups
have done reconnaissance of in-flight security, says a congressional
report obtained by The Washington Times.
at http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...0253-9207r.htm

While Big Bird and the crew from "Sesame Street" might be slightly more
recognizable emplaning and deplaning, the Air Marshals stick out like sore
thumbs (a combination of dress & grooming codes - matched with age
parameters, boarding priority, seat selection, and a "Just the way they
look" factors combining for a high level of recognition). Sure I may
believe I guy who isn't is, but odds are that most frequent travelers would
usually select the actual air marshals (along with a couple of innocent
doofuses who simply chose to look like'em).

TMO