Old October 9th, 2007, 10:31 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

Default Reward for Illegal immigrants

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 11:17:24 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote in
:

kangaroo16 wrote:

We probably couldn't even keep "Cath" from Texas out.
The "Cath" who posts from:
.

However, if her behavior is typical "Texan" behavior,
perhaps we should take a closer look at immigrant applications
from Texas.

As said to "Cath" in previous post, this was an attempt at humour
although humour doesn't always travel well on the Internet.
A "bit of a shot" at Cath.:-)

No doubt you have heard the story about the big Texan visiting
Australia who unexpectedly died in Australia. Way to big for
a standard coffin, and even a piano crate wasn't big enough.

The undertaker was desperate, contacted a colleague in the
USA. Was advised to let out the bull**** during the embalming
process.

He did this, and found that even a coffin now looked to
large. So he ended up burying the Texan in a cigar box. :-)

I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred
not to be insulted before I even got there.

If you consider the joke as an insult towards Texans in general,
it wasn't intended as such. I think I can safely say that I
lived in Texas before you or Cath.

Depends on our respective ages, of course! :-)
I think that I am older than both of you.

Americans, and Texans, are welcome in Australia. I have
been here for decades, and have experienced very little overt
hostility, and never based on country of origin.

Unless you are unbearably aggressive by Aussie standards, you
shouldn't have any problems.

Broadly speaking, the U.K. society evaluates people by "class".
It is important what schools one has attended. U.S. society
values by wealth. Australian society usually values people by
their personal characteristics, and they don't give a damn what
country they came from or their financial status.

Cheers,
Kangaroo16