Old July 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Wayne Lundberg

Default San Diego October 23

An article in today's paper is warning travelers of the overcrowded
conditions expected on October 23 when four megacruisers dock to unload
eight thousand passengers and load another eight plus crew and chandlery.
We will be on the Spirit that afternoon if we can get through the melee. And
I doubt that even having the advantage of living here will help since one
must drive up to the dock and be dropped by taxi or son or father-in-law.

If you know of anybody sailing or arriving that day, you may want to warn
them so they can consolidate luggage and prepay or whatever well ahead of
time. They say the convention center may be used as a staging point and
shuttle service provided by the San Diego Port Authority.... which I will
believe when I see it!

Wayne
www.pueblaprotocol.com