Old February 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM posted to rec.travel.air
OccasionalFlyer

Default When to Buy a Ticket

I'm watching prices for a flight between LAX and YVR in May. The
prices keep jumping all around. I don't know whether to wait for some
flight that has a higher rate that I want to go down to where a flight
I don't want is or to buy now because I can get flights at the lowest
rate I've seen them in three weeks. Are pieces lower or higher
usually as the date approaches for a flight? Or, is this completely
unpredictable and I should buy what I can now? Thanks.