Old September 18th, 2005, 10:37 PM
John Bermont

amy radcliff wrote:

I am seriously considering moving to Europe (from the States). The
problem is of course the details--its overwhelming all the questions
that emerge. Could anyone recommend a place to get started? A
website devoted to Americans emigating, a book, etc? Any help
appreciated.

If it matters, employment is not a huge problem...I'm more interested
in questions of residency status, tax issues (do I pay taxes there or
in the States, for instance), qualifying for health care, and so on...
again, any help gratefully recieved.

I've done this a few times. See a discussion of issues you will face in
my chapter "Living in Europe: Travel to the Max as an Expatriate" at
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/hte/chap22/living.htm

* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/
This email powered by Thunderbird. Learn more at: