Old July 25th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Benjamin Smith

Default Carnival Miracle 7-17-04 Review 7 Days New York to Bahamas

Howie wrote:

Actually, Ben, I am very bored with the sameness of ships and lines. And
I have expressed this on rtc on a number of prior occasions. For me,
cruising never was a matter of r&r. Ennui is something that I've lived
with all my life. For a number of years, cruising was a solution; but
if it starts adding to the problem, it's over.

Ocean voyage holds a fascination for the imagination. Over the years,
this form of travel and lifestyle inspired poets, writers, and artists
moreso than any other. Train travel would be second. I am concerned with
how much it is the same on major lines in the seeming attempt to become
much like land resort chains.

If you are now bored with the current product a change of pace is in
order for you and Eileen. I wish you well in finding something
satisfying for the two of you.

Ben S.

Any particular reason why you are taking at least 6 months off?

At lest two. 1. Got to tech those classes from Sept. to Mid December.
2. Eileen is really having some physical problems that seem to get worse
with each new cruise.

And,

when you resume cruising will it be on the usual lines or something
new for you?

I really don't know. Assuming that Eileen starts feeling better, we are
always looking for something different in the way of cruising; but there
are restraints. In our case, those retraints are based less on
finances than on what we enjoy and are able to do.

Howie