Old March 29th, 2004, 07:31 PM
mtravelkay

Default Paying cash for tix

Hilary wrote:

What's the chance I'll get extra screening for an SAS flight,
IAD-CPH-IAD, I paid cash for? I had to pay cash because their website
didn't accept my credit card.

It's not always shown on the ticket, it depends on the type of fare. (The
discounted fares don't show any method of payment at all, just a code for
via agent.)

I wish I knew why US airlines still consider buying a one way ticket as
a reason for extra security screening. I bought a one way ticket on WN
due to an AA flight cancelation from SNA-SJC last night, and it was
marked with the checkerboard and SSSS. However, security wasn't
screening at my gate, so I didn't get screened. The ticket wasn't paid
for in cash. It is kind of stupid to think that terrorists will only buy
one way tickets.