Old August 18th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Benjamin Smith

Tom & Linda wrote:

"RTCReferee" wrote in message

"Georgeny" wrote:

I have to disagree, there is every reason not to use a TA if the pricing,
due to no commission rebate, is the same. The primary reason is simply
eliminating one layer of possible fraud or payment problems.

This would be the biggest incentive to book direct.

It also eliminates the one person who's looking out for YOUR best
intentions, and not the cruise lines.

My TA's (I use more than 1) tell me the best options for insurance. Would
the cruise line do the same?

My TA's hunt for good hotel prices pre and post cruise. Would the cruise
line do the same?

My TA's track pricing. Do you honestly think the cruise line will monitor
pricing and call you if it drops?

Look at all the stuff that our TA's (Lori, George, Suz, Ray, John, Peter,
etc.) do when they sponsor groups. Do you think Princess will do the same?
Will the cruise lines arrange dinners at Carmines?

Wake up people. Just think of all the stuff your TA's do for you.

Yep. TA's provide many services. I'm pleased with Suz not only based on
her competitive price, but also her prompt, reliable, thoughtful
service, as well as a wonderful sense of humor.

Through the years many TAs here have been helpful and generous with info
and recommendations.

Ben S.

--Tom