Old April 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Mister B

Default Time to stop flying?

On Apr 8, 8:42 am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 04:51:20 on
Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Mxsmanic remarked:

they're ****. Just a set of $10 headphones with an extra twenty cents worth
of foam on each side. The impressive part about bose company is that they
sell them for hundreds of dollars. There's one born every minute.

You're saying that they sell noise-cancelling headphones that don't actually
contain any form of active noise cancellation?

Active noise cancellation is rubbish too. I bought a set, and while they
did reduce the background "throbbing" noise from the engines slightly,
they don't have any effect on "random" noises like people talking or
announcements (the latter a particular problem on some trains, rather
than planes).
--
Roland Perry

You must have bought the wrong sort, then, I have a pair that I use on
long distance flights and they add considerably to my comfort. (Some
airlines provide them, at least in Business, but not all.) As you say,
they don't cut out talking, so they are no use for work in, say, an
open-plan office, but for reducing engine noise in a plane they are
excellent.

B;