Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
tim....

Default CyberFlying???

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
In message someone claiming
to be mag3 typed:

I guess my question is, how is it even possible to acquire such footage
from inside the
aircraft given the prohibition on "portable electronic devices" below
10,000ft? Perhaps,
it may have been "overlooked" in the earlier days of "heightened security
awareness,"
but I'm really wondering how anyone could get away with it today? Even if
permission
were to be granted by the captain or crew, the passengers wouldn't
necessarily know
that and might raise a ruckus on their own... leaving the crew to clean
up.

The short answer is that electronics aren't a threat and everyone knows
it. Nobody cares if you use a phone or similar on the ground, on the
runway, during takeoff/landing or anywhere else.

The reason that you are not allowed to use "electronic devices" during
TO/Landing has got nothing at all to do with their electrical
characteristics.

It's because that is the part of the flight where there is the largest
chance of their being some emergency that requires passengers to react
immediately and they want to be sure that you aren't doing anything which is
going to distract you from performing this immediate action

tim