Old May 31st, 2004, 10:02 PM
Freddyp

Default GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

"Peter Berlin" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I think the important thing here is that the bids meet the
RFB as set by committee, and match the requests of those
that voted for their favorite type of cruise, to include the
various destinations and durations. As with all bidding in
the past, the total package featuring the rate and the
itinerary is what the GGC Cruise has been all about.

These are the things that your humble bidding Travel Agents
considered when they went to work to try to produce a Bid to
your (RTC Group) satisfaction. This was not an easy chore
and I am sure all the agents that participated had to put
many hours of work into creating their package as I did.
May the best bid win, and that's the way it goes!

Peter

.......................snipped

When the committee was being formed and discussions started within the
committee, as well as the postings I made here about TA interest, the
many of the TA's that are here all the time would not bid, and we were
almost right.

I literally only knew of 2 TA's that would bid when I called for bids.
I had been on the phone to a number of TA's from RTC to try to recruit
them and had received not very encouraging conversations. I will not
say who I called, nor will I say what was discussed. But the
conversations led me and the committee to believe that the responses
would be minimal at best.

So we took the TA's that responded to the call for bids, and I thank
them for their responses and the hard work it took to do those bids in
the face of knowing that whoever wins (and maybe even doesn't win) will
take some flak from some here that get their jollies bitching.

All of that said, the bids that will be posted for voting are the ones
that are available for a GGC this coming year. We think they are
excellent bids, with a broad selection, much broader than in the past.
Soon it will be up to you as voters to decide which of these bids you
want. They will be identified as to who submitted so if that is a big
deal to you, you can factor that in.

Lloyd

I'm sure there are a lot of TAs that read rtc and don't post, but if
they didn't know the requirements had changed, how would they know to
ask for a rfb?

I don't recall seeing a post from you saying you lifted the following
requirements?

1. Be a participating member in RTC
2. Be a full-time travel agent
3. Be owner, principal or can get permission to commit the agency to a
contract.

Sue

Great 20/20 hindsight! G

All of this is true, but we did it the way we did it. In future
another committee may decide to do it differently. We like the results
and are not going to change anything at this stage of the game.

None of the previous committee's rules are required to be used at all.
I assume that all of the committee's have built on each other with
changes along the way. Actually, I know that is exactly how it has
been done.

We did ours our way because that seemed to be necessary as we were
seeing little positive feedback from anywhere about this GGC. I sure
saw and heard enough negative though!

Lloyd

--
Peter Berlin
Peter Berlin's Travel Center

Your still up to your same old bull**** Petey. Are you going to be a problem
TA like you were last year? Are you going to make insulting comments to
PAYING passengers again? Are you going to cry about not making any money or
getting a free cabin again? I thought you said you were done with the likes
of GGC's. I smell a pile of **** and I'm not sure who it is, You or the
sailor boy. Funny how this works out, he uses you as a TA and now your back.
My money is on you and that stupid wife of yours on pulling the wool over
RTC eye's again. Now the killer is Stetzo and Ford as the scape goat bids,
one no name and we have or TA of choice PETEY.

Your Biggest Fan
Fred