Old February 7th, 2004, 08:40 AM
freeda

Default "Americans not getting bang for buck in Europe"

I read an article on this in a UK broadsheet. Apperently, if you want a
Digital Camera, an iPod, and a laptop computer, you can save about

500-700
GBP, more than worth it since a return from London to NYC is under 200

GBP
and it is only a 7 hour flight.

And you have to be lucky at UK customs, too.

I didn't think luck came into it. If you only have a few items for personal
use, I was always under the impression the no import duty/VAT was payable.
Well personally I have never decared anything and I have never been
searched/questioned when returning to the UK. Perhaps someone with more
experience can clarify this..