Old May 8th, 2019, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air,soc.culture.russia,sci.military.naval,uk.politics.misc,can.politics
George

Default I take it Aeroflot passenger evacuation procedures are not upto Western standards

On Wed, 8 May 2019 13:44:34 -0500
"Byker" wrote:

"David E. Powell" wrote in message

On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 8:33:46 PM UTC-4, Byker wrote:

When an earlier poster attributed the plane's return to the
airport to "expert piloting skills", I couldn't keep a straight
face. It came in too high, too fast, and too heavy (I couldn't
tell if the flaps and slats were actuated). The "landing" was
reminiscent of United Airlines Flight 232:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lidm2-26DS0&t=10s.

The United Landing was a case of expert flying.

Which is what the Russkies will probably tout when the
"investigation" is complete.

With the 737 currently in trouble, I suppose all other airliner
makers will angle for that market with the stuff they have in the
pipeline.

I wonder how lightning-proof these newfangled carbon-fiber planes
are? The playing field will be leveled if lightning starts downing
Airbuses and Embraers...

They're pretty much as protected as the metal fuselage machines.
I suspect that this was landing a fully fueled aircraft at
somewhat higher than landing speed.
The video shows an initial impact and the aircraft still able to fly
until the second impact where the fires broke out

---