Old October 30th, 2008, 11:22 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default Delhi hotels

In article , AKT says...
A middle aged American couple we know would be passing through Delhi
twice.

(i) Once they arrive at 9PM, go to the hotel, spend a good part of the
next day in Connaught Place, then airport late afternoon for a domestic
flight.

Well, Connaught place is not really a nice place to be. See here how it
looks:
http://www.molon.de/galleries/India/.../img.php?pic=1

I wouldn't spend more than half an hour there.

(ii) Next time, they arrive during the day, would like 1-2 days in CP
again, but have to catch of those dreaded 1AM flights.

They are experienced travelers and don't expect luxury, but would like
an "age-appropriate" (how they put it) clean, comfortable, quiet, safe
hotel.

Which hotel do you know that will provide the best value? CP location
would be good, but something a quick auto ride away acceptable.

The reason I mentioned 1AM flight is that would want to shower at 7-8
PM and leave for the airport by 8-9 PM. So, if possible, they would not
like to pay for a night they don't sleep. Would any hotel allow shower
facilities, even in the gym area, even at some charge?

That is indeed possible with some hotels, but I don't know which ones
exactly.

Thanks for any info or ideas.

There are other, more interesting things to see in Delhi. See here what
Delhi has to offer:
http://www.molon.de/galleries/India/Delhi/
--

Alfred Molon