Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:38 AM
Roger Martin

Default Virgin Blue baggage and carry-on baggage restrictions ...

"Geoff Lowry" wrote in message
If you are immigrating you will find the airlines quite reasonable. When

immigrated Qantas gave me 200Kg free baggage allowance for my family of

four
(10 suitcases).
Just ask for an increased free baggage allowance. You might be surprised.

Qantas will - Virgin wont and neither will Jetstar. I had the misfortune to
fly Virgin to Melbourne the other week and there was a few heated debates
about carry on bags and excess baggage weights.

And then we had to wait nearly 50 minutes to get the bags in Melbourne - on
a 2 hour flight!!

Coming back we were treated to a 1970s stereotype of a "Hostie" - "At the
back of the cabin Mandy, in the middle Sandy and of course I'm Randy".