Old June 14th, 2006, 01:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Cheap Seats Hours Before Takeoff?

"mysteryflyer" wrote in message
Alan wrote:
Is there a whole website, or a section of a website, devoted to selling
vacant airplane seats at the last minute, say within the last 3 or 4
hours of takeoff time. I'm figuring that 4 hours before a flight takes
off airlines might be willing to sell vacant seats at 1/2 or even 1/10
price since they get zero if the seat travels empty.

I think you figure wrong. Revenue management strategy would rather they go
empty than everyone in the world waits until the last second to bid then
rushes to the airport.
--

Yes, but after selling seats for months, don't some airlines have web sales
a week or two before take off time related to how full the planes are? I was