Old December 2nd, 2008, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default Ship Attacks

[Default] Thus spake Becca :

Brian K wrote:
On 11/22/2008 4:43 PM Becca did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
This article was posted on March 25, 2008.

http://maritimeaccident.wordpress.co...oes-lrad-work/

In theory, the LRAD sends out a concentrated beam of ear-popping
sound painful enough to burst eardrums and deter attackers. A popular
version is sold by American Technology Corporation.

So far, there has been only one reported successful use of this
device, when the cruise ship /Seabourn Spirit/ was attacked by
pirates off the coast of Somalia. However, a close reading of reports
of the event must necessarily raise the question of whether it was
the spirited defence of the ship by its security officer Michael
Grave and his colleage Som Bahadur Gurung, which included high
pressure hose and aggressive maneuvers by the master. Michael Graves
suffered permanent hearing damage. Grave and Gurung deservedly were
awarded the Queens Gallantry Medal and Commendation for Bravery.

Gee Becca,

Maybe they can use the LRAD to zap kidney stones, or to treat
Peyronie's Disease by zapping the affected area. ;-)

We have a skunk living under our house, so I wish I had the LRAD here in
Louisiana. It could get rid of the skunk, blast his kidney stones and
zapp his Peyronie's, if it's a boy. I have not got close enough to
look. ;-)

Becca

A while back, Mythbusters did an episode on the best way to destiink
after getting skunked. They tried three different skunks (all caged)
and did things like poke it in the backside, with no results. They
finally had to buy some "essence of skunk". Only after they used it
did they read the instruction "mix bottle with one quart of water".
--
- dillon I am not invalid

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which
will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no
matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.