Old December 4th, 2008, 07:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Default Ship Attacks

On 11/29/2008 2:09 PM Nonnymus did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
George Leppla wrote:

"Nonnymus" wrote
Becca, the best way to get rid of the skunk is to have George crawl
under the house, grab the skunk by the tail and toss it out to
you. You take a broom, whack him in the rear end several times and
he'll run away. That's the way we did it back in MO. Grin

Wow, after reading that I became worried that you might misinterpret
it. I was suggesting whacking the SKUNK, not George in the rear end
several times. Whacking George in the rear end several times with a
broom would probably only make him irritable.

The skunk has dug a burrow under the slab. He/she is a cute critter
and if the damn thing would quit tearing up the lawn and flower beds,
I'd be tempted to let him/her be. But the possibility that it is a
she means I might have a whole litter of skunks come Spring... and
that doesn't appeal to me.

We are going to try dumping ammonia down the hole... and cayenne
pepper around the area and hopefully that will start the Great Skunk
Exodus of 2009.

It's good to see you're still posting, George, and not laid up from
being whacked in the rear by a broom.

FWIW, if you or Becca get sprayed, the remedy is to wash off the scent
from your body and clothing with tomato juice. You might also
consider getting a packet or two of Squirrel Away. It's a very
concentrated version of cayenne powder that you put on birdseed. The
birds don't notice it, but squirrels, possums, coons and other
critters sure do.

Please don't ask me how I know this, but after pouring the powder into
birdseed and stirring it in with your hands, do NOT, ever, never,
under any circumstances, go and urinate. The stuff stays on your
hands for a long, long time and the pain is incredible. Only a real
dummy would do that and I'm sure you're a lot smarter than I was.

Why stop with cayenne pepper? Use what the Mexicans use, Habanero! You
know what else is the universal repellent for all kinds of nuisance
critters from Canadian Geese (without their green cards), to the odd
rodent - wolf urine. It can be obtained from some zoos or wolf
research centers. Just make sure that the wolf you get it from is not a
female wolf in heat. Wolfs are natural predators of these as well as
raccoons. The scent of wolfs urine scares the "b'jesus" out of 'em;
they either drop dead with fright or run for the hills. Deer don't come
to nosh on my chrysanthemums any more.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera