Old December 24th, 2009, 02:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Cohen

Default Apparently: "Hydra-Plane" On Very Wet Jamaican Runway Is Being Blamed

ABC TV news tonight

One question: Do some airports have drain techniques a la storm-sewers
or whatever?

I wouldn't be flying any damn where if my wife didn't insist enjoying
life with pretzels or peanuts

I was crammed RT on a "Delta Connection," a smaller plane that
apparently isn't docked
in Atlanta--ya walk on tarmac as in yesteryear (I recall the 1950s)

It was smooth flying in calm sky though the Jackson-Hartsfield landing
wasn't perfection on the return leg

I'm fortunate to be where it's not snowing, not that there's anything
dangerous about flying in snow 'n ice 'n wind 'n rain