Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default European trip ?'s

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:25:56 -0600, jst wrote:

$350 US per person

How long of a trip is this ? I guess I will have to ready myself for a
different culture and standards.

London-Paris is a bit under three hours on the train. As the previous
poster says, $350 is very much the first class fa when I went
London-Paris in the spring last year it cost me £60 (around US$ 100)
return (round trip).

The plane isn't necessarily more expensive, but the train is usually
as fast when you've taken into account getting to airports at each
end. For longer trips you may well find that low-cost airlines are
cheaper than trains. Also be aware that buying European train tickets
in the US is usually more expensive than buying them in Europe.

Given only three days in London, I would stay somewhere central. So
long as you can find somewhere suitable to stay, there doesn't seem
any point in taking an organised tour for the London section at least.

Martin