Old April 15th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:07:49 -0400, George Leppla wrote:

The "shame" lies in the fact that for years and years, New York City refused
to spend any money to provide cruise passengers with proper facilities. I
have been in many ports and in my opinion, the cruise ship terminals in New
York were the worst managed permanent facilities I have ever seen.

Royal Caribbean had the right idea by moving to New Jersey. Carnival Corp
is heading to Brooklyn and that may be an improvement depending on how they
develop the terminal, parking and access. I have visions of Red Hook
becoming just another traffic jam.

With much fewer sailings out of Manhattan, maybe the Port Authority will
finally be able to handle what little they have left.

Right on all counts, GL.