Old February 21st, 2009, 10:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default The mystery of Ireland's worst driver

"Mike Lane" wrote in message
dia.com...
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:28:17 +0000, Alan S wrote
(in article ):

I found Greece quite OK, once I got used to the single lane
tollways using the wide shoulders as "move over when the guy
behind wants to scream past" lanes.

It was a bit disconcerting at times when meeting oncoming
traffic two abreast in a single lane at over 1300km/hr.

The longest stretch of road like that, that I remember on the mainland is
the
so-called motorway along the north coast of the Peloponnese from Patras to
Corinth which I've driven along once.

I noticed this on the Western Peloponnese from Pirgos to Patras. It wasn't
so much the pulling over for the guy behind that I minded, it was pulling
over for the guy coming the other way I objected to.

IIRC the official limit for this road was 90, with 50 through the towns, but
the minimum speed seemed to be 120 (even through the towns), even then,
almost everybody wanted to overtake me.

tim