Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_2_]

Default Film really is dead, especially for travel

Mike wrote on Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:34:26 +0000:

I can't afford the sort of digital kit (if it exists) that
would match the resolution of my old Minolta Autocord TLR
(6x6 film with very sharp Tessar)

you can buy a digital hassleblad now at a price. Give it a couple of
years and big reasonably priced sensors will be there. I think that
because digital had some killer advantages (instant review. no waiting
for processing) it took over before it was fully ready.

A Hasselblad digital costs like a small car and I've not checked the
response time and how the scene is viewed. Camera reviews in magazines
are very cagey about LCD screens in bright sunlight, especially for
cameras that don't have any optical viewfinder.

By the way, take a look at your sig marker, it doesn't :-)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland