Old February 26th, 2009, 06:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
je

Default Driving north of the Mediterranean

On 25 fév, 08:57, jskal wrote:
we are thinking with friends to make a trip during the summer by car
in
the Mediterranean countries. We would start from Athens, most
probably
pass by boat to Italy, go to Toscane, Southern France (surely
Marseille)
and then either Northern Spain (Basque Country, Galicia) or down
Eastern
Spain (Barcelona, Valencia, Andalucia?). And of course back!
I am looking for all useful information I can get! Interesting
places
along this itinerary, interesting dates in August (festivals etc.),
other itinerary suggestions, economic accomodating solutions, budget
estimation for 10-15 days, in fact about all!!!

Rough estimate: more than 3'000km, some 50h driving,
and back to Athens - so close to 100h driving in 10 or
maybe 15 days. Just for the overall trip, no detours, not
considering jams (August!) .... .

Hardly any need for information on interesting places along
such an itineray :-)