Old July 5th, 2013, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Fly Guy

Default Airport Detector Rays: Some Recent Research Shows Minimal Risk

Robert Cohen wrote:

radiation-from-airport-scanners-how-much-dose-we-get

hope it's actually true

These days, I can go an entire year without getting on a single flight.

Maybe when the so-called economic recovery actually starts to happen, so
too will my return to semi-regular flying. Until then, I absolutely do
not miss getting treated like a terrorist or a piece of baggage while
enduring the torture of air travel, brought to you by the US gov't, the
TSA and the Dept. of Fatherland Security.

I have yet to go through one of those full-body scanners - I always opt
for the manual pat-down.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I don't think you can actually be forced to
go through one of those scanners at any airport in US/Canada.

Have I mentioned enough keywords for this post to be flagged by the NSA?

You know, I didn't see usenet as being an option for the Prism data
capture interface.