Old November 9th, 2008, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
Tom P[_5_]

Default Passengers to be charged for extra legroom

David wrote:

"Mel Amine" wrote in message

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/34...a-legroom.html

Passengers to be charged for extra legroom
Tall airline passengers who ask for extra legroom when flying in
economy class will be charged £40 for the privilege.

By Peter Allen
Last Updated: 7:56AM GMT 08 Nov 2008

Air France has become the first airline to introduce a supplement for
the seats next to emergency exits or at the front of rows.

Do not understand this, FIRST ?

Daily Telegraph readers know less, and DT journalists know even less.

The airlines I use for a long time been charging extra for the extra leg
room seats in these positions.

I was sat next to one last month in an ordinary seat, it was empty but I
was informed to use it I would have to pay by the cabin crew.

I'm pretty sure that AirBerlin has been offering this for at least a
year now on its long distance flights. Right now the only reference I
can find to it on their webpage is that Silver and Goldcard holders get
reduced rates for booking XL seats.