Old October 7th, 2007, 06:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Thumper

Default The era of FORMAL NIGHTS is fading rapidly...

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 21:44:35 -0400, Charles
wrote:

In article . com, Rick
wrote:

I never said you should change the way you are comfortable
dressing. You want to dress in a tux then by all means do it. It was
also cruise tradition to have seperate classes of service, should we go
back to that? Of course not. Why? Because we've evolved from that.

Separate classes were more of an ocean liner tradition than a cruise
vacation tradition but that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.
Cruise tradition has not evolved from having formal evenings. If it did
evolve from having formal evenings that would be fine with me. But it
has not happened yet. That is why I wear a tux or dark suit. I never
said I wanted to dress in a tux.

A dark suit is not "formal."
Thumper
Becaue 99% of the public doesn't own a Tux in real life or wear
one on any kind of regualr basis. Why should they on a cruise
vacation?

Because it is expected on a cruise vacation to wear a dark suit or tux
several evenings.