Old November 29th, 2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

Default Continental Airlines Flight Attendant

In message . com
"Tchiowa" wrote:

I wasn't aware that Continental went around randomly offering people
jobs.

If she was offerred a job, she applied for it.

Continental might not, but in many areas this is typical.

My current job was offered basically unsolicited, I didn't even give
them a resume until well after two years of employment (and then only
for immigration purposes, they were considering offering me relocation)

My mom is a consultant in a completely different industry and hasn't
interviewed for or applied for a job in over 30 years, and she's worked
for about 20-25 companies over the years on projects lasting anywhere
from 2 months to several years (she only does part time at each
position, usually)

It all depends on your skill level. I don't think flight attendants
would have that specific a set of skills going in though, so I'd agree
it's unlikely Continental would offer a position randomly.

All that being said, there is nothing wrong with interviewing for a job,
then refusing the offer when the offer becomes available.

--
If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing.