Old July 7th, 2008, 05:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Linda E Domoty

Default Paying Extra For Being Fat

Paying Extra For Being Fat
As summer vacations begin, some passengers on Southwest Airlines will
be pulled aside and, because of their weight, asked to buy a second
ticket. This controversial policy pits the commercial interests of the
airline against the dignity of overweight fliers and raises the issue
of whether anti-discrimination laws should be applied to obese people.

I'm not a lawyer but as I understand it being extra large is not a
protected right under Federal Civil Rights laws in the USA.
IMHO if you overflow into my space on a plane then maybe one of us
should pay for two seats of space. What gives a large person right to
the space I paid for. If you need my space then pay for it.

..led