Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

Default May 26

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:26:06 -0600, "Jeff Hacker"
wrote:

"bob edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. The price of the flight spikes that
day. It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. A holiday weekend
usually translates to higher airfares. That simple.

But why Thursday with a lower fare on Friday according to the OP?