Old March 3rd, 2011, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
bob edwards

Default May 26

On Mar 3, 12:02*pm, "Runge 128" wrote:
so you initiated a useless thread then

"bob edwards" *a crit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Mar 1, 6:28 pm, Brian wrote:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:26:06 -0600, "Jeff Hacker"
wrote:

"bob edwards" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me what is happening on May 26? *I want to book a
flight from jfk to sfo on May 26. *The price of the flight spikes that
day. *It's much less expensive on the days before and after.
Unfortunately I'm not able to change my plans to another day.

That is the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. *A holiday weekend
usually translates to higher airfares. *That simple.

But why Thursday with a lower fare on Friday according to the OP?

I got lucky. *I know that fares change frequently so I've been
checking the fare daily. *Tuesday morning it dropped and I booked it
quickly. *Ten minutes later the fare was up by over $100pp!

Runge, otherwise you'd have had nothing to get wise about.