Old May 18th, 2017, 05:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

Default Why is UAL much more for coach than Delta or American?

In article ,
MacFarland wrote:
I am not trying to make a statement that is always true but I'm trying to get a round trip flight from southern
California to Boston, and any flights with similar schedules are well over $100.00 more on United. Any thoughts on why?

Plane fare availability is remarkably random. I just did a search for
a three day trip LAX-BOS leaving on Jun 6 and the cheapest nonstop was
United for $330, then Jetblue for $382 and Delta for $388. Leave on
June 22 and the fares are a lot higher, but United's still the
cheapest at $537, then American at $566 and Delta at $592. Leave a
day earlier and on June 21 and Delta is $483, United $503, and
American $517.

Remember on all of these fares these prices are probably economy-minus
so be prepared for the price to go up if you want to check a bag, pick
a seat, or in particular if you want a seat with enough legroom for an
adult.