Old October 31st, 2003, 12:54 PM
None

Default Get Bumped? You're entitled to CASH, not a voucher!

wrote in message
The only problem with all this is that if the airline gets enough
people to accept vouchers voluntarily then you don't get bumped at all
and get nothing but your original flight. They aren't that stupid.

Oh, but they are. Airlines invol passengers all the time and managers
instruct their gate agents to list them as "voluntary" because they hand
them a voucher and get them to sign the release.

Many people aren't aware of the cash law, and the airlines take full
advantage of that because they don't tell them, which they are supposed to
do. International passengers get jerked around the most because they aren't
aware of U.S. travel laws.

I was involuntarily bumped twice this year, both times I demanded cash
compensation, and both times the agents had to check with management,
because the agent wasn't aware even, that the cash law existed. Of course,
they offered a voucher, which I quickly turned down. Why take a stinking
200 dollar voucher that the airline will write off, when 400 in cold hard
cash is what I am owed?

If you don't teach them, they'll never learn.