Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default Easyjet to fly from London Southend Airport

On Jun 23, 10:24*am, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 02:00:49 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:
On Jun 22, 11:03*pm, "F*ck Off Uncle Dave"
wrote:
On Jun 22, 5:08*pm, Jack Campin wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-13789532
Miles from Charing Cross as the crow flies...
LCY 7
Biggin Hill 13
LHR 14
LGW 24
LTN 27
Stansted 31
Southend 35
Cambridge 50
London Manston 65

Can we have that in pounds?

Stansted is ludicrously expensive to get to from London. *Southend
can't be worse, can it?

Well, the only time I did it was almost forty years ago and the train
went through some pretty, er, dodgy parts of East London. *A lot of
those are now not at all dodgy, but I think you would still be well
advised to hire bodyguards for the journey. *That would put the price
up...

F*UD

Rubbish.
So you'd advise that also for trains into the 2012 Olympics?

So how was Westland?
--

Martin

Terrific.
Just hit the new groene haaring season of course, which was
tremendous!
Didn't realise how small is Maasdijk - my friends' extended families
seem to own most of it! :-))
Great to be back after some 20+ years.
Bad news - my old flat in Leyweg, Haag, used to look out over Westland
polder - now there's a further few miles of city!
But, as always, Dutch hospitality reigned supreme!

Alan