Old July 13th, 2011, 10:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 128

Default Easyjet to fly from London Southend Airport

Ah martin intends to pollute this thread as much as he can.

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 02:17:59 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman
wrote:

On Jun 23, 12:31 pm, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 04:14:49 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:24 am, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 02:00:49 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman

wrote:
On Jun 22, 11:03 pm, "F*ck Off Uncle Dave"
wrote:
On Jun 22, 5:08 pm, Jack Campin wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-13789532
Miles from Charing Cross as the crow flies...
LCY 7
Biggin Hill 13
LHR 14
LGW 24
LTN 27
Stansted 31
Southend 35
Cambridge 50
London Manston 65

Can we have that in pounds?

Stansted is ludicrously expensive to get to from London. Southend
can't be worse, can it?

Well, the only time I did it was almost forty years ago and the
train
went through some pretty, er, dodgy parts of East London. A lot of
those are now not at all dodgy, but I think you would still be well
advised to hire bodyguards for the journey. That would put the
price
up...

F*UD

Rubbish.
So you'd advise that also for trains into the 2012 Olympics?

So how was Westland?
--

Martin

Terrific.
Just hit the new groene haaring season of course, which was
tremendous!
Didn't realise how small is Maasdijk - my friends' extended families
seem to own most of it! :-))
Great to be back after some 20+ years.
Bad news - my old flat in Leyweg, Haag, used to look out over Westland
polder - now there's a further few miles of city!
But, as always, Dutch hospitality reigned supreme!

Alan

and you had lots of real Indonesian food?
--

Martin

Spoiled for it, but not via restaurants since our friends are highly
qualified Indonesian chefs.

Lucky you!

We did collect from their highly recommended take-away in Maasluis
once.

For a time we took the car ferry at Maasluis to get to the
Rotterdam-Hull ferry.

But questioning when there, we were told they're still all around, but
have often moved off 'High Street' positions.

and into people's private houses :-)

But you were right - just one mediocre Chinese/pseudo Indonesian in De
Lier!

Alan

--

Martin