Old May 30th, 2011, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default Celebrity is setting cookies.

I posted this on CC this morning and thought I'd do it here. I believe
that Celebrity is setting cookies to prevent people from finding price
drops.

I check daily for price drops on my April, 2012 cruise. Already got one
and saved $200 pp, having been alerted by Cruise Fish. I was away so I
was using the netbook. When I came home and used my desk top, the price
had gone back up to what I had paid. OK. I got a bargain.

I always use Firefox as my browser. For some reason I was using Chrome
and when I went to the page where my cruise was, the price was the one I
had gotten on the drop. I grabbed DH's laptop and sure enough that
price was $200 less than my desk top was showing.

I dumped the cache on my computer, but it didn't change anything. Then
I deleted my cookies. What do your know? The lower price was showing.

Celebrity, it appears, has been sneaking cookies into my browser to keep
me from seeing that there is a price drop on my cruise.

Before I go and check the price now, I delete the Celebrity cookies first.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas