Old May 31st, 2011, 05:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default Celebrity is setting cookies.

On 5/30/2011 8:19 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 5/30/11 9:04 PM, Charles wrote:
In raweb.com, Janet
wrote:

I posted this on CC this morning and thought I'd do it here. I believe
that Celebrity is setting cookies to prevent people from finding price
drops.

That makes no sense. They want people to know the price. You are saying
they are somehow setting a cookie directed at you that knows you
booked? I am unconvinced.

More likely just that something didn't get refreshed. Like if the
computer had that page stored in Cache. So it just came back up without
the update.

No. I did a refresh. I dumped the cache, too. It was not until I
deleted the cookies that I was able to see the current price that was
showing with Chrome on the same computer and with Firefox on two others.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas