Old April 28th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Olivers

Default "Airlines" on A&E

Adam Weiss muttered....

True. And in retrospect I should not have brought SWA into the first
paragraph in which I compare them to Greyhound. Really, the bus
industry (not just Greyhound, but other regional companies as well) is
doing a much, much better job at catering to average passengers than
the airlines are. And I think the airlines ought to take heed.

Obviously, you haven't owned Greyhound stock, its nadirish descent
illustrative of a groaning and ill "national" bus system. Bus service in
the US, except for "niche" markets (such as the numerous new lines that
serve the Mexican American labor market from the Southern Border as far as
the Northwest, Chicago, and a few NEastern cities) and short haul service
is well on its way to infrequent schedules and moribund service.

He who would brag about the grand service provided by bus companies has not
set out on many transcontinental bus trips lately.

TMO