Old October 18th, 2005, 12:17 PM

Default "The Wizard of Oz" and Australia

Do you think the title of the head of government in Australia should be
the Wizard? Might your opinion depend on who might be holding the
office at any given time? I have no opinion of the current occupant's
intellegence, character, and ideology, etc. but he seems to have the
looks

Do you think in the movie the inhabitants of Oz should have had
Australian accents?

And seriously, where did nicknaming Australia, Oz come from?

It sure isn't Kansas, Toto, and it certainly ain't Tennessee

I hope you realize I speak with affection, having been there three
times